Similar to the Job Approval Chain on Skillate, the Offer Approval feature in Skillate offers your organization to configure an approval chain for all the offer letters created. These further provide the stakeholders with greater control over the organization’s recruitment process.
This article helps you understand:
What Offer Approval Chain?
What is 'Exceptional Salary Approval'?
How to configure an offer approval chain?
How to configure an offer approval chain at the job level?
Configuring Offer Approval Chain
Navigate to Settings > General Configuration > Offer Configuration > Approval Chain.
You can set up an offer approval chain for your organization as a whole or for a specific office or department.
For configuring offer approval for your organization:
Click on Edit provided for Default Approval Chain.
Add the approvers as required in Approvers.
Choose from the drop-down, if all the approvers should approve or only one(any) of them needs to approve. If any one of them rejects the offer, it will be considered.
Additionally, choose if you want the approval emails to be triggered in a particular order or should be sent out to all approvers at once.
Additionally, you can add another approval step by clicking on Add Approval Step. You can add the users as approvers, set if all of them need to approve or one approval would suffice.
Upon adding an approval step more than one, it is necessary to choose whether you need to send out approval emails in the order you have defined or send in one go.
Once the approver list and approval order are added, click on Done.
You can also set up an approval chain specific to the office and department. Those offer letters generated for jobs matching the configured office and department will automatically have the defined offer approval chain.
The configuration process is as same as that of the Default Approval Chain. Please refer to the above steps for the same.
It is always better to have the approver list and order for approval defined prior to generating the offer letter. If any changes are made after generating the offer letter, you will have to create a new version of the offer letter and roll it out again.
Learn more about rolling out offer letters here.
The offer approval request will be canceled upon you make any changes post generating the offer letter. In such a case, you will have to initiate generating the offer letter again.
We have introduced a new offer approval step called Exceptional Salary Approval. This is an add-on feature which you can avail by reaching out to your respective Skillate SPOC.
This comes handy while the salary on the offer letter is more or less than the salary range mentioned while creating the job.
You will find the toggle button while you are creating/editing an offer letter approval chain.
The criteria "All needs to Approve/Reject" or "Only one needs to Approve/Reject" will be applied as per the existing format irrespective of enabling 'Exceptional Salary Approval' or not.
If it is toggled ON, and the offered salary for the candidate is greater than the job's salary range (Job > About > Salary Range) → the users in the 'Exceptional Salary Approval' step will be notified along with the other users.
Configuring Offer Approval Chain at Job Level
If you have permission to edit a job, you can further configure the offer approval chain at the job level. These are in case of any specific stakeholder needs to approve for the particular job or someone from the approval chain has left the organization.
Follow the below steps to configure the approval chain at a job level:
Navigate to Jobs to create a new job.
While creating the job,
- the default offer approval chain will be added to the job.
- if the job created has the office and department matching the defined approval chain, then it will consider the offer approval chain already defined for the respective office and department.
If you have permission to edit the job, you can further edit the offer approval stage while creating the job.
Click on Done and continue with the further steps of creating a job.
How to add multiple criteria for Offer Approval Chain?
1. Navigate to the Settings > General Configuration > Offer Configuration > Approval Chain.
2. Click on Create Approval Chain to enter a new offer approval chain.
3. Enter a approval chain name and click on Create Approval Chain. You will be navigated to define the approvers for the new approval chain.
4. Specify the order and who needs to approve the job.
5. Click on Done to save the approval chain.
6. Further, click on the Manage Criteria (new).
7. From the following pop-up, click on the Add Criteria to add a department-location-grade criteria for the offer approval chain.
8. You can select the office, department and grade from the dropdown menu and click on Submit.
9. You can add as many criteria as required by following the same steps (7-8).
- All the existing offer approval chains have been migrated to the new method. Thus, new criteria can be added to the older offer approval chains.
- These older offer approval chains are named as per the department-office-grade combination which was used while creating them. However, these can be renamed now.
- A combination of department-office-grade cannot be repeated in multiple offer approval chains, nor within the same offer approval chain.
- Default Offer Approval Chain will have All Departments - All Offices - All Grades added as criteria by default. These cannot be deleted. But you can add new criteria to the Default Offer Approval Chain.